Transcription and further thoughts:
- We all know Pop Culture … but we know very little about what is troubling our own communities.
- How then are we supposed to improve them!
- We created huge companies to make popular food for us. (Pizza tastes better than Broccoli)
- Likewise, we created huge companies to make popular information for us (Opinion tastes better than News)\
- We value feeling like we’re right (and being told that we are right) over being informed.
- Ignorance is not just a lack of information, but also due to our exposure to affirmatory information.
- Consider putting yourself on an Information Diet …
- … and realise that your information choices have social consequences.
- Every click, every view, of content on the net biases future content creation.
- Because information is provided to us as a money-making venture, providers will solve the equation for maximum profit, via maximum popularity.
- Keys to a positive Information Diet
- Be aware of what you consume
- Pay attention to local things
- Be a producer
- By starting your day with creation, instead of consumption, you set the tone for your day as one of action, not mere reaction.
- Work on stuff that matters.